Sunday, February 19, 2012

Another weekend over... already?


Our band Sock Monkey played at the 31st annual Sertoma Chili Cookoff Saturday afternoon, here in Springfield. There was an insane number of people there.  It was a blast.  Of course, we didn't get to play the main stage, down on the bottom floor where most of the chili booths were... and all of the people (hmmmm... there's always next year) but we were in the beer garden on the second floor, which was a pretty popular place to be.  We got there a little early, so before we played I waded through the crowd and took some pictures.  What you see in these two are just the people that were milling around on the main floor area.  The chili booths were on either side, and just about equally packed with people, as well.  Some folks can't stand crowds (let alone anything like this) but I actually enjoyed it, in an odd sort of way.  The second picture is looking toward the main stage, with local favorites Big Smith just about to finish up their set.  In the top picture, all the way back on the back wall, where those windows are; well... that's where we played.  Up in that room, overlooking the main floor.  It was still cool to get to play there.  Well, it's getting late, I'm tired, and my alarm clock is going to be going off before I know it, so I best hit the hay.  Peace.  Have a good week ahead.       
I did manage to make some pottery this weekend, also.  This piece is a lidded, white earthenware cannister.  The tile it's sitting on is about 8 inches square.  I'll probably finish it in a dark underglaze and a sgraffito design.  I'm leaning toward another floral pattern... leaves and vines, or maybe a gourd plant (?) this time.  That might look OK.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment