Monday, August 29, 2011

417G. The G is for giant.

The 417G Vulcan kiln has a new home now, in our garage!  I borrowed my brother-in-law's truck last weekend and Pam & I went up to Bolivar to retrieve the last, and largest, section of it... the base.  We had a nice visit and a great afternoon meal with Debbie and Ken, and then loaded it up and headed south.  I think it came with a year's supply of gravity.  Heavy... very heavy.  This past week I built a dolly for it to sit on, with a heavy-duty frame and multiple casters, so I can store it against the wall, under the storage loft.  When I want to use it, I can move it out away from the loft where there are no obstructions overhead, and nothing that can get overheated around it.  That's the plan anyway.  As soon as I get the garage straightened up and get a spot set up for it, I will call an electrician and hopefully get it all wired up and ready to go.  I'm not going to rush things.  When I lift the lid to the kiln, this is what it looks like inside.   ;)
I think I need to go downstairs now and make more pots.  A lot more pots... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment