That's one serious toaster... and it's glowing orange!
Finally, some big pottery news to share with you. The electrician came out today and wired in the three-position switches on our kiln, and installed a new 50 amp power cord and plug in the garage. I ran it through a quick heat-up this evening, just to see if everything was working properly, and it looks good! Over the course of about 15 minutes I notched the switches up, beginning on low then to medium and on to high, and the elements were glowing like a giant toaster (ha). Beautiful. If all goes as planned, this weekend I will do an empty test fire up to cone 04, and make sure the kiln sitter works, etc. I'm very excited to get underway. I've got greenware anxiously waiting in the basement. I can't believe I've actually got a working kiln sitting in my garage! Yikes... let the adventure begin. I've been dreaming of this for a long time, and now it's happening. I'm a happy guy tonight.