Friday, April 6, 2012

I had no idea!...

After checking my e-mail this morning, I was cruising around on the web, and came across this blog that looked kinda cool. I spent a few minutes reading some of the posts and looking at the pictures, and then I realized... hey, this is MY blog!?   Apparently I have a blog.  News to me.  So anyway, I figured since I have one, I might as well write something.

Let's see...the tri-fold paper towel dispenser in the office bathroom was empty, so I dutifully refilled it a few minutes ago.  It actually has a key you have to use to unlock it.  I think maybe there must have been a time when paper towel thievery was rampant.  It's nice to know that things have settled down.  I feel safer just knowing that people aren't as inclined to steal paper towels as they once were.  It's a positive sign, I think.  But as they say... locks are there to keep honest people honest.
It's been a busy couple of weeks here (see above note regarding the paper towel dispenser... perfect example).  We capped off the end of March with a Sock Monkey gig at Cartoons on the 30th, which actually went pretty well.  It was a fun night.  An old band mate of mine from back in the 80s, Rick Toombs, had been visiting family in Arkansas, and was passing through Springfield on the way back to Colorado.  He and is wife Rhonda, and their daughter Hannah stopped by the house, and later came out to the bar to hear our band play.  It was good to see them.  The 31st was my sister's birthday (Happy Birthday Diane!).  As is my normal routine for that occasion, I spent a good part of that afternoon flagging down cars on the highway to let them know.  Most of the people I stopped acted like they really didn't care, and frankly were kinda rude about it.  Hmm.
Sunday (April 1st) I played drums at church, in our production of Jesus Christ Superstar.  We've got a good, talented bunch of people in that group, and I'm happy to play with them.  The production went off without a hitch (more or less) and was well received.  Several weeks ago I was handed the task of finding an electronic drumset for the church.  I've been playing drums for close to 40 years, but I really don't know much of anything about electronic drums.  I finally found a nice set of Yamaha's at Guitar Center for well under $1000, which was the hinted budget.   I played those this past Sunday.  They are OK, but I still greatly prefer acoustic drums.  One nice bonus, however, was that when I was done playing I picked up a couple of things from behind the set, and I was out the door.  No more lugging around two hundred pounds of drums and hardware and cymbals in and out of the church for each performance!  That was nice.
So... this is blogging.  Ok, that wasn't so difficult.  Hopefully I will do that again some time soon.  Maybe with pictures next time.  I like pictures.  have a great Easter weekend!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment