Monday, April 11, 2011

Glaze firing!


I picked up my glazed pots from L&R this afternoon.  There were several more in the load that I'm not showing here, but these stood out as I was taking them out of the box.  I was surprised at how much darker they all turned out, after the second firing.  After the bisque firing, the color of the two tumblers was a nice, warm terra cotta (as intended).  But after the second firing, those two look like they got pretty toasty.  The bowl is by far my favorite, and yet it would likely be considered a "second" if it was sitting on a professional potter's sale table.  But that's part of the learning process.  Try to make them better next time.  Overall, I'm fairly happy with the results, but ready to do more and try some different things.

1 comment:

  1. Those are BEAUTIFUL!! I particularly like the vases...awesome!

    ReplyDelete