Friday, April 1, 2011

Tomorrow is a big day!...

Tomorrow I take my first batch of pottery in for bisque firing!  I don't have a kiln... yet, so I will be boxing up my work and hauling them down to Nixa, to L & R Specialties, to be fired.  Hopefully everything will survive, and turn out as I imagined; I doubt it, but that's part of the fun... part of the adventure.  In a few days I will get to see what worked, and what didn't, and hear that wonderful ring that fired pottery makes, when tapped with a finger.  It's the little things that are exciting (ha)...
What you see here, in this rag-tag bunch of pots, are ideas.  Threads... some of which will be followed and developed, and some which will likely be abandoned.  But for now, it's so cool to have things that were just ideas and sketches in a notebook not so long ago, actually sitting in front of me, on a table.  And this is just the beginning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment