Saturday, April 2, 2011

Going for a ride...

Well, I Just got back from dropping off my pots at L&R.  They said these would probably be done by the middle of next week.  I'm pretty sure that this is the most pottery I've ever had fired at one time... these three little boxes.  A close second would likely be when I was taking pottery classes here in town. That was when I was learning the basics of throwing on a wheel.  It was fun, and I learned a bit about handling clay, and how to get things done in a communal studio; but I equally enjoy slab building in my little basement studio... which is what all of these latest pots are.  It is an exciting process.  After I get them back, I will clear glaze them, and then take them back to L&R for the glaze firing.  All of these pots are made from a buff, mid-fire (cone 6) stoneware.  While still in the leather hard stage, I applied two to three coats of Amaco Velvet underglaze on most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment